Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2-26-2014 Vol. 7 Part 51 Book of Revelation (Revelation 22:3-10)

Note: To download/print the document, click on the title below.

Psalms 119:100-109 I understand more than the ancients, Because I keep Your precepts. I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word. I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. I have sworn and confirmed That I will keep Your righteous judgments. I am afflicted very much; Revive me, O LORD, according to Your word. Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, And teach me Your judgments. My life is continually in my hand, Yet I do not forget Your law.
Father God, help us to place our faith in Jesus and why He had to die on the Cross for us. Help us not to be like the scribes and Pharisees that placed their faith in customs and religion. Matthew 5:20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. In Jesus name we pray, Amen!
Revelation 22:3-10 NKJV
The last two lessons have been refreshing to study about Heaven and what it will be like. This Tribulation time period is one that we don’t want to live through. It will be the worst time on earth that has ever been or ever will be. I thank Jesus daily for dying for my sins and saving me. He has given me the assurance that I’m saved many times just as the Bible states. Many people say they don’t want to give up their lifestyle and ask Jesus into their heart, but those that do and are truly saved realize their old lifestyles were offending God and separated them from God and they were bound for the Lake of Fire. Those that have been awaken by being Born Again make claims they want nothing to do of their old lifestyle because they have found peace in Jesus Christ even though they viewed themselves as a good person before being saved.
We don’t know when the Rapture will happen, it could happen any time. Even the Apostle Paul looked for the Rapture during his time, (1 Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.) so it could happen tomorrow and that is why we need to be ready. It will happen as quick as a blink of an eye and those not saved will be left behind. There won’t be time to repent and ask Jesus into their heart then, it will be too late. Those that know the message of the Cross, and haven’t repented, will not have another chance. A great delusion will be place upon them to believe a lie. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,  10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,  12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Please ponder this book of Revelation and all that it states, and make a decision today to accept Jesus as your Saviour.
3  And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.
And there shall be no more curse; This curse is referring back to the beginning of time when Adam and Eve committed the first sin against God. (See Genesis 3:14-19) After the heaven and earth are renewed and the New Jerusalem is set in place this curse will be erased from the human race and creation.
But the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him; As God had fellowship with Adam and Eve before their fall into sin, so the Lord will again be with His servants eternally. He will walk among them and in turn, His servants will fully worship and serve Him. Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden.
4  They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads.
They shall see His face; Every true believer longs to see the face of Jesus their Saviour. (1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.) This is something Moses nor any other human being was allowed to do in the OT, to see the face of God lest they die. Exodus 33:20 But He said, "You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live." Won’t it be great to walk with Jesus and see His face one day? What a glorious thought! Now that is something to shout about!!!!!!
And His name shall be on their foreheads; Just as Satan claims souls with his name on their forehead, (Revelation 13:16-17 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,  17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.) God also claims his children with His name on their foreheads. (Revelation 3:12 He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.  Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads.) These are ID marks we as human beings cannot see, but can be seen in the spiritual world. What mark do you have on your forehead?
5  There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
Jesus is the light of the world and anyone that follows Him will live in light here and for eternity. John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." The glory of God illuminates the inside of the New Jerusalem, but outside the walls day and night will still exist. This will be for eternity.
6  Then he said to me, "These words are faithful and true." And the Lord God of the holy prophets sent His angel to show His servants the things which must shortly take place.
This angel that is showing these things to John states these things are faithful and true meaning they will come into being. If it is stated in God’s Word these events will come to pass it will happen. When, we don’t know, but it says, “shortly take place” meaning at any time. The next verse also states this and this is Jesus making this claim this time.
7  "Behold, I am coming quickly! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book."
This is the Blessed Hope, meaning the return of Jesus. The book of Revelation is a book that all should know and study just like the rest of the Bible because it is a book about the future and what is to come. We need to know the prophecies of this book, believe them, and be ready for the return of Jesus our Saviour by keeping His words of the Bible.
8  Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.
9  Then he said to me, "See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God."
Why did John fall down and worship? Was he faint hearted? Was he overwhelmed at what he heard and saw? I think the latter is the case here. What would we do if we were in John’s shoes? We would be in awe and possibly fall down to worship also not thinking about what we are doing. After all what he is experiencing is beyond comprehension. This is the second time John fell down in worship. Revelation 19:10 Did you notice what the angel said to him? He said to worship God not a fellow brethren, or fellow servant, or a fellow believer. It is pretty clear here we are to worship God and only God, not God’s saints, manmade saints, or brothers and sisters in Christ. This angel ought to know being an angelic servant of God, right? The Ten Commandments also tell us that, but we humans think we are smarter than God and concoct strange notions about who and what to worship, which is idolatry in God’s eyes. Jesus tell us in Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' Exodus 20:3-6 "You shall have no other gods before Me.  4 "You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;  5 you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,  6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
Do you have any idea why John was told not to seal up the words of the book of Revelation? It is because God wants us to know what is coming so that we will repent and prepare ourselves for his return. Daniel was commanded to seal up his vision (Daniel 12:4-12), because his message was not for his time period but for the end of the Church Age. But the book of Revelation was a message for John's time, and for us living today.
It looks like one more lesson to conclude this fantastic book of Revelation. There are 10 verses left and there is no way I can squeeze them in this lesson and do them justice. So we will finish next week. God Bless!
Colossians 1:16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth,
visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers.
All things were created through Him and for Him.
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
John 3:3 Jesus answered and said to him, Most assuredly, I say to you,
unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Sinners Prayer; Pray this, and if you believe it with your heart, Jesus will save you!

“Lord Jesus I know I am a sinner.  I confess my sins to you; I am sorry for my sins; I repent (Meaning, desiring to turn from a sinful lifestyle.) of all my sins, and I am asking for your forgiveness of all of my sins.  I believe that only you can forgive sin.  I commit my life to you and ask you to come into my heart, direct, and take charge of my life.  I believe that you died to set me free from my sinful lifestyle and you rose from the dead to give me eternal life, and right now you are seated at the Right Hand of God Almighty. I believe you are the Son of God; the only Way, the only Truth, the only Life, and my Savior.”  I believe this and have faith you will make a new person out of me, by sending the Holy Spirit to dwell in my heart and lead me in a new life. In Jesus name I pray Amen.”  (John 3:16,17; Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:9-13; Ephesians 2:8-10; 1 John 5:11-14; 1:6-10) (Sin: Rom. 1:22-32; Gal. 5:19-21; Eph. 5:3-7)

No comments:

Post a Comment