Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7-6-2011 Heaven Test

Note: To download/print the document, click on the above title and when the Google Document window opens click on the word "File" under the word Google.


Heaven Test
7-6-201
Psalm 37:9-20 NKJV  For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while and the wicked shall be no more; Indeed, you will look carefully for his place, But it shall be no more. But the meek shall inherit the earth, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. The wicked plots against the just, And gnashes at him with his teeth. The Lord laughs at him, For He sees that his day is coming. The wicked have drawn the sword And have bent their bow, To cast down the poor and needy, To slay those who are of upright conduct. Their sword shall enter their own heart, And their bows shall be broken. A little that a righteous man has Is better than the riches of many wicked. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, But the LORD upholds the righteous. The LORD knows the days of the upright, And their inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied. But the wicked shall perish; And the enemies of the LORD, Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish. Into smoke they shall vanish away. Father God we praise your name, we pray that the leaders of this world govern according to your will. Provide us insight through your Holy Spirit. Comfort those of us that have lost loved ones recently. Help us to forgive as you have forgiven us. Protect us from the evils of this world and our fleshly wants. You are awesome! Thank you Jesus! Amen!
If you were to die today and God asked you, “Why should I let you into My Heaven?” What would you say?
Check the box or boxes you are trusting in to make it to heaven.
ð       I’m a good person and I live by the golden rule.
ð       I help people.
ð       I go to church.
ð       I try to keep the Ten Commandments.
ð       I give money to the church, missions, and charities.
ð       I was baptized.
ð       I was confirmed.
ð       I receive communion.
ð       I come from a Christian family.
I am trusting in Jesus Christ. (This is the only answer.)
The love I have for everyone is why this lesson has come about. It is a lesson that will cut you to the bone, but it is the truth. Please take it to heart, ponder it, seek the truth in God’s Holy Bible, because I want to see all that read this in Heaven.
As you can see above there is only one correct answer, and that is putting your faith in Jesus Christ and what he did at the cross for us. By doing this we become Spiritually Born just like Jesus explained to Nicodemus.  John 3:5-7 NKJV Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  7 Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
All of the other things above will not save a person. We are mislead with the idea that if we try to be good and do good deeds, God will look the other way when we stand before him, but he won’t. God hates sins and it is black and white with God, no gray areas. Anyone that is not Born Again is living according to the Law. Romans 3:19 NKJV  Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. The only reason God gave us the 10 Commandments was so that we would have knowledge of good and bad. Before that no one knew it was bad to lie, steal, kill, etc. Romans 3:20 NKJV Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
With the inherited sin nature that we have, we as human beings are incapable of doing things to work our way to Heaven or of not sinning. We have to be Born Again by acknowledging we are sinners, asking for forgiveness, repentance, and turning our life over to Jesus.  Romans 3:21- 24 NKJV But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. Romans 4:5 NLT  But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.
We justify our goodness with other human beings, like I’ve never killed anyone, I’m better than those that have committed murder. God doesn’t look at us that way. What He sees, is if we have broken one of his laws, we aren’t any better than someone that has broken all the commandments. To God it doesn’t matter if we use his name inappropriately or have committed murder. James 2:10 NLT  For the person who keeps all of the laws except one is as guilty as a person who has broken all of God's laws.
Let’s use a courtroom as an example, but instead of a judge, God is sitting in for the judge.
GOD:                 I want to teach you some important principles of the law, so please answer the following questions thoughtfully.
DEFENDANT:   Yes I will.
GOD:                 Do you consider yourself to be a good person?
DEFENDANT:   Yes, I am a good person.
GOD:                 Have you ever lied . . . even once; including 'white' lies?
DEFENDANT:   Yes.
GOD:                 What does that make you?
DEFENDANT:   Human??
GOD:                 So you are saying that you make "mistakes." You have human weaknesses. Nevertheless, in the eyes of the law, you are a liar.
DEFENDANT:   But God, there are many people worse than me.
GOD:                 That is irrelevant. You have lied, so what does that make you?
DEFENDANT:   A "liar".
GOD:                 Have you ever stolen anything?
DEFENDANT:   No.
GOD:                 You have never downloaded anything from the internet like music or pictures that you weren’t suppose to, or made copies of something at work for your own personal needs, or stood around talking when you were suppose to be working?
DEFENDANT:   Yes, I have. But that was in the past.
GOD:                 Everything that we have done is "in the past." You have stolen, so what does that make you?
DEFENDANT:   A "thief".
GOD:                 Have you ever use my name inappropriately?
DEFENDANT:   Yes, but I’m sorry.
GOD:                 I created you so you could have life, but you have no respect of me by using my name in a blasphemous way. What does that make you?
DEFENDANT:   A “blasphemer”.
GOD:                 My Holy Word says, “anyone who even looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” (Matthew 5:28) Have you ever looked at the opposite sex with lust?
DEFENDANT:   Sure, doesn’t everyone?
GOD:                 I’m not talking about everyone, I’m talking to you. So what does that make you?
DEFENDANT:   An “adulterer.”
GOD:                 I hate idolatry, have you ever prayed or place another person, place, or thing before me? Romans 1:23 NLT  And instead of worshiping the glorious, ever-living God, they worshiped idols made to look like mere people and birds and animals and reptiles.
DEFENDANT:   Yes, and that makes me an “idolater.”
GOD:                 Do I need to go on with the other five commandments?
DEFENDANT:   No, please stop.
GOD:                 So, by your own admission, you are a lying, thieving, blaspheming, idolizing, adulterer. By your own admission, are you guilty or not guilty?
DEFENDANT:   But your God, I am sorry, and I won't do it again.
GOD:                 You should be sorry for you know right from wrong, but you are standing here before me and your life is over. Are you guilty or not guilty?
DEFENDANT:   Guilty, but I have given money to charities, I go to church, I…, I…, I…
GOD:                 That is commendable, but what has that to do with your crime? You are guilty, and you must be punished. The law demands that. Heaven or Hell?
DEFENDANT:   Heaven.
GOD:                 You just admitted being guilty, why should I let you in my kingdom?
DEFENDANT:   Because you are good, just, and fair.
GOD:                 Your right, I am that, and it is because of that I condemn you to hell, otherwise I wouldn’t be good, just, and fair.
The previous scenario highlights the most common mistakes people make about God and His Ten Commandments. Almost all of us think that we are good people. We also mistakenly think that our good works, and our sorrow for sin, and the fact that we won't do it again, will save us when we face God. We also think our religion that we practice will save us, but it won’t. John 3:5-7 doesn’t talk about any religion, it talks about a Spiritual Birth. Jesus can’t state it any clearer, so if you don’t believe what Jesus says, then who are you going to believe, man? However, the Day will come when each of us will stand before Him that is 100% guaranteed. “It is then that we will see His anger revealed against murderers, rapists, thieves, liars, adulterers, fornicators (those who have had sex before marriage), etc. God's justice will be so thorough, He will even judge hatred as murder, (1 John 3:15 NLT Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don't have eternal life within them.) and "every idle word that men speak." Remember that the Law doesn't see the fact that you have "weaknesses" or that "everybody else does it," as a legitimate excuse. God is "good," and He will make sure absolute justice is done. Being sorry or not sinning again won't save you because you should be sorry (you have a conscience), and of course you shouldn't sin again. Your good works may be commendable, but they will have nothing to do with your case. If you are found to be guilty, according to the Bible you will end up in Hell. It is not His will that you go to Hell. He provided a way for you to be forgiven. He so loves you that He sent His Son to take your punishment: "God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Then Jesus rose from the dead and defeated death. If you will repent (turn away from sin) and trust in Him, God will forgive you and grant you everlasting life. It's as simple as this -- we broke God's Law, and Jesus paid our fine. If we repent and trust Him, we are free to leave the Courtroom -- our case can be dismissed! Pray something like this now: "Dear God, I am sorry for my sins, I want to turn away from all of my sins. This day I put my trust in you Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Please forgive me, change my heart, and grant me your gift of everlasting life. Amen." Then read the Bible daily and obey what you read (see John 14:21). God loves you and will never leave you.


All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God!

Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth,
Unless you are Born Again, you cannot enter into Heaven, the Kingdom of God."


Bill

Last Week’s Trivia: There was a dead person cast into a grave and came back to life when his body came into contact with the bones of a prophet. Who was the prophet?
Answer: 2 Kings 13:21 NASB  As they were burying a man, behold, they saw a marauding band; and they cast the man into the grave of Elisha. And when the man touched the bones of Elisha he revived and stood up on his feet.
This week’s Trivia: Who was Joash being hidden from, and for how long?

No comments:

Post a Comment